I believe that Sourcing is a skill which can be learnt by passionate Recruiters. The type of Recruiter who is consistently trying to secure better passive talent than their competitors. Sourcing is not Rocket Science, it is just the art of thinking differently.
This includes searching in different places, for those hard to find candidates. For example, why are Recruiters so hell-bent on searching LinkedIn (294 million daily users) when there are 2 196 million daily users on Facebook? (Statista, July 2018).
I am one of the first consultants to be offering sourcing training in South Africa, and further afield, via the web.
There is no degree which prepares Recruiters to be better at their roles. This also maintains a very low barrier to entry into the Recruitment Industry. I am sure you were wondering why there is such a high 'drop out' rate of Recruiters, who cannot cope with the immense pressures of the role.
HOW AM I BEST POSITIONED TO TRAIN YOUR RECRUITMENT TEAM?
HERE ARE SOME QUICK FACTS…
- I have 12 years of recruiting experience, 10 years focusing on the South African Technical/IT market.
- I launched the first SourceCon Chapter meeting in Africa in 2018 and Cape Town & Durban in 2019.
- I have presented at several Microsoft events - SQL Saturday, MS Developer User Group. I am on the committee of Women in Tech as well as being an Ambassador for We_Think_Code. Needless to say, I am very well connected in the South African Tech Industry.
- I have been invited to present at SourceCon's Annual Conference in Seattle, USA in March 2019. I will be doing a keynote presentation on Diversity Recruitment.
- I have worked as an internal Recruiter for 10 years now. During this time, I have grown the company from 35 people to over 200 without using the services of any 3rd party agencies. I have also cancelled all of our subscriptions to the South African Job Boards saving the business thousands of Rand annually.
- As a qualified teacher, with experience in adult education too, I firmly believe in the value of individual training. I would like to work with individuals, or small groups, of Recruiters training them to source candidates for the hard to find roles that they are currently looking to fill.